Embodied Mindfulness: Coaching, Mentoring and Supervision
Mindfulness rooted in the body, is a practice that grounds us in the present moment at any time, with any breath and in any place.
Embodied Mindfulness Coaching, Mentoring and Supervision is an individual and or group approach that identifies and addresses what skillful means of practice would be best applied to the conditions of each individual. Working with current circumstances and discovering the causes of our discomfort – coaching, mentoring and supervision sessions offer practical, accessible and sane mindfulness and compassionate practices to work with whatever is arising in ones life, profession or community.
Embodied mindfulness works somatically which allows us to get into the mind and the root causes for our discomfort, as well as the body where thoughts and emotions become stored away. Our relationship with ourselves and others improves exponentially when we move towards the causes of suffering, gently and skillfully and together.
Resiliency, self compassion, clarity, emotional intelligence and empathy are a few of the benefits of mindfulness.
Jill has over 30 years experience in working with people experiencing trauma, chronic pain and illness, addictions, depression and anxiety and stress.
Benefits of Embodied Mindfulness Coaching and Counseling :
- Supports the development of a personal and sustainable home practice of mindfulness
- Cultivates compassion, emotional intelligence and the capacity to take kind care of yourself and others – at home, and at work
- Contains a path that aids in living a life of integrity, creativity and authenticity
- Supports the integration of mind body tools to add to your professional work as a therapist, school teacher, coach, counselor, caregiver, mindfulness facilitator, employee, manager
- Is helpful when working with a (or your) body and mind that might not be at it’s best, with illness, pain, trauma, addictions and or aging
- Facilitates a clarity of mind that can navigate tough decisions and solve complex problems at work, or at home guided by ethical non harming principles
- Calms the central nervous system and creates the conditions for a more relaxed and open mind
Embodied Mindfulness Integration and Supervision for Therapists
This one on one, or small group confidential approach to integrating embodied mindfulness into clinical work adds concrete, accessible, secular tools that can be directly applied to your work with clients and patients. These additional skills enhances and compliments traditional therapeutic interventions, giving the patient/client more tools to bring into their lives.
Sessions are one hour, available on Face Time, Skype, over the phone or in person in Berkeley, CA.
RETURNING!: Embodied Mindfulness and Yoga Therapy Sessions
Now accepting individuals who would like to practice embodied mindfulness in postures designed for specific conditions and bodily needs. This somatic therapy approach is excellent for working with pain, illness, addictions and trauma as well as anyone wanting to feel better physically and mentally. For more information, please write us.
Embodied Mindfulness Sessions
Weekly Sessions: $85
Bi-monthly sessions: $ 100
Once a month sessions: $115
Student prices: 1/2 the above prices. Can be a current student in any kind of program, and of any age.
Sliding scale available for everyone if needed, just ask
Private Sessions in your home or office: prices on request
Corporate Wellness Programs: prices on request
Wellness Programs are designed specifically for your community and their needs
Past Clients include:
- Healing the Divide: The Richard Gere Foundation
- Bent on Learning: Yoga for Urban Youth, NYC
- The Lineage Project: Yoga and Meditation for At Risk Youth, NYC
- Gouverneur Healthcare, NYC
- Roosevelt Addiction Institute, NYC
“Jill was one of the first yoga teachers to incorporate mindfulness in her teachings. She understands the healing power of mindfulness because she has experienced it for herself. She also has a unique perspective on the social good that mindfulness can offer the world. Jill possesses specific and valuable knowledge about the more subtle aspects of yoga that can help anyone deepen their practice”. Phillip Moffitt, Co-Guiding Teacher, Spirit Rock
“Jill is that rare teacher who speaks to the intuition as well as the intellect, activating the capacity for healing and realization in her students. Both practical and profound, she bridges yoga and mindfulness through her way of being as well as her clear articulation of the mind-body connection”. Anna Douglas Founding Spirit Rock Teacher
“Jill is one of the most intuitively knowledgeable teachers I know. She combines science and spirituality, seen and unseen, in ways that are practical and accessible. Having Jill teach my patients mindfulness and embodiment practices has been an incredible support in their healing. I can’t recommend her highly enough”. Dr. Mark Hyman, Best Selling Author and Director of Integrative Medicine at the Cleveland Clinic
“In her teaching, Jill manages to make subtle and complex concepts accessible while also providing clear, practical instruction for each student to seek his or her own experiential insight. Studying with Jill, I have been struck by her deep well of wisdom, kindness, and compassion as well as her special ability to help me locate those same resources inside myself”. Kathy Lawson, MPH